Advantages of RIAs A Novel Outline of Web Application Development
Posted By -
The Web 2.0 revolution has elevated the order for improved user experience (UX), usability and better communication. And this in twirl has put strain on web developers to look for new technologies and tools to congregate the demand. Web developers nowadays are progressively using technologies such as Microsoft Silverlight, Adobe Flex, Air, WPF, Java, Ajax etc. for creating rich internet applications. RIAs can be referred to as completely interactive business applications alike in power to the desktop, but as a substitute of being heavy on the client-side; they are installed at a single server and are internet driven. RIAs provide a rich, appealing experience that progresses user satisfaction and improves productivity. Google Earth is one of the best examples of a RIA.
A Rich Internet Application allocates a respectable proportion of the application to perform on the user's local system. The application for the client is designed to execute functions that develop the user's experience. In other word - a server itself will update the client with fresh updates as required without delaying end user to execute some action.
Advantages of RIAs
- They offer an attractive and interactive user experience without page reloads or refreshes
- RIAs reduces difficulty of data - users can interactively visualize and influence complex data more successfully
- Users get instant and energetic visual feedback of their actions
- They run on browsers, no software is needed
- Web users can vaguely supervise and scrutinize data through a web based system
- RIA merges the best of desktop and web. As web does not prohibit anyone, RIA automatically becomes cross-platform
- Low cost operation
- Tasks can be completed quicker
- Faster search and filtering
RIAs have the capability to convey online users’ full-fledged functionalities like a desktop software application through interactive, rich and intelligent interface. RIAs also give enterprises a new platform for content distribution such as text, images, audio, and video in the most suitable and user oriented way. The RIA applications offer various benefits and are an essential tool rich and fresh web development. Its significance in the Web 2.0 can barely be over-emphasized.