tags possess small file size and it is also a good process to compress the webpage whenever there is high web traffic. Hence, it saves the bandwidth. Since, there is only one CSS file it is easy to make any changes on all the web pages and saves a lot of time.
On the other side, the disadvantage is that the designers must have good understanding of CSS coding skills. Proper validation of the CSS properties is necessary as they might be interpreted differently on different web browsers. Therefore, it becomes necessary to follow W3C standards while doing CSS coding. This is more time consuming for a developer as they need to be very careful while coding.
Which Method is SEO friendly?
The CSS (div) method is SEO friendly because of several reasons such as:
1. First of all the optimizers can use the Meta information as Google uses complex algorithms.
2. Secondly, it is easy for the search engine crawlers to crawl through the CSS coding as it is compact and clear. Thus, it makes the work of the search engines easier.
3. Since the crawlers can read the content and the coding easily and quickly, the chances of fetching more traffic towards your website increases.
4. You can also make structure flexible as per your needs in backend
5. Another major benefit of CSS to SEO is that the downloading time of the web page is decreased. The page size of the web page decreases as the CSS coding is quite compact.
Here, are some of the points to consider while designing an SEO friendly website. Hope this helps.