The Essentials of E-commerce Hosting
Posted By -
The most important step for starting an online business is to find a reliable web host. The task of finding a web host as per your requirements might be a difficult task but not if you know exactly what you are looking for. A good web host is especially required for an ecommerce website as it deals with direct online selling of the products over the internet. Hence, when selecting an ecommerce webhost for your Ecommerce website makes sure that you take care of the following points:
- Storage Space: Ideally speaking a normal website requires nearly 100 MB space and generally all reliable hosts will offer at least 1 GB space. However, when it comes to Ecommerce hosting, more amount of space becomes necessary as there will a shopping cart online storefront. The space and transfer play a vital role in determining the size of hosting that you will need. The merchant needs to be sure of the number of items that will placed for online shopping initially and then an equivalent space is to be hired also the future inclusions must be kept in mind.
- Bandwidth: Right amount of Bandwidth is also necessary and therefore, it is another important factor to think about. 25 to 50 GB bandwidth is an ideal for general websites but for an e-commerce website requires more bandwidth. When videos are there on the website it needs nearly 600 MB bandwidth. Thus, it is better to go for unlimited bandwidth plan but it is also necessary to read the terms and conditions properly before hiring a host.
- Secure Servers: This is a must for the all the websites but more so for an ecommerce website. Since, ecommerce website deals with the online selling of the products and services, it is necessary that the transaction is done safely and securely on the net. Hence, look for an ecommerce host who provides SSL encryption as it is provides guaranteed security for all the money transactions that take place.
- Private CGI-BIN: Having a private CGI-BIN directory is essential for the safety of the files. The files containing your data such as binary scripts, interactive programs as in shopping cart and payment processing will be all secured in this directory.
- Operating System and Program Language: It is necessary to know as to which operating system the host is offering. An ecommerce website can be hosted on Windows server as well as UNIX system. You can choose the one according to your choice. However, the rates for both will change so make sure to select the one that is in your budget.
- Support System: The most important concern for the ecommerce website owner is to have good support from the webhost. There might arise several occasions when you require fixing improper working of the website. A smooth functioning of the website depends highly on a good webhost and in case of any problems like server down or others, a web host must be capable to fix the problem as soon as possible.