Which Five Common Mistakes to Avoid For Writing Better SEO Content
Posted By -
Content is still the King, but there are certain essential strategies that you need to follow to make that content work for you in the way that you want it to work. Since content rules SEO you must take care that your content is up to mark. Here are five essential suggestions that you must bear in mind and avoid making these mistakes for gaining the best results for SEO.
- Keywords- Gone are the days when the keywords were given a lot of importance. No doubts they are important not so much so that your content loses its quality because of it. Search engine have made several changes off late that clarifies this age old tradition of using too many keywords in your content. In fact, using more keywords with a content that hardly makes sense can now make your site rank lower also keyword stuffing is the biggest mistake that you can make. One effective way is to use the keywords and also the words related to the keywords in the content.
- Not Keeping Target Audience in Mind- The awareness about the target audience will benefit you in writing just the right stuff and will also give more appeal to your content. The content is written to be read for the audiences and not really for the search engines. Therefore, concentrate more on the audience and that will enable you to produce content that is fruitful and useful. The search engines crawlers will automatically put your content on the top on the basis of its good quality and usability.
- Avoid Monotony in Content - There is no point in telling the same old story over and over again as it loses its value. Try to make your content as fresh and new as much as possible, if you keep on writing on the topics that are over discussed then it will automatically end up being a low quality content and hence will also reduce your chances of being on the top list of the search engines. The unique and fresh content will make you a reliable source and hence attract traffic by itself.
- Not Using Authoritative or the Right Resources- This is generally a mistake made by all of us at some or the other point while copywriting. For instance, making use of Wikipedia and considering it the final verdict on some topic. Wikipedia is not a trusted resource as it is updated by several people and it holds no authority for authenticity. Now, that doesn’t mean not to use Wikipedia or that it is completely wrong, you can of course refer to it for getting an idea about some topic. However, not really replicate it considering the ultimate truth! The best thing to do is to check several other resources too on the same subject to get a fair idea on a specific topic.
- Not Presenting the Content effectively- At times, even if the content is original and good but is not presented in the right way. If you know you have written a good content then use to your best of interests by linking it to several social sites, tweet it in the Twitter, refer it to others. This will boost your websites ranking for sure.
Hope this helps you in getting the desired results from the content you write and enable you to achieve your goal of reaching higher ranks on the search engines.