Why Has Sliverlight Become so much Popular in Short Time
Posted By -
Each and every day there is something new or the other in the world of technology, when Silverlight was introduced by Microsoft, it came with a boom in the market. Silverlight is a browser plug-in that can be programmed for developing rich internet applications. But why has Sliverlight become such a popular platform for all the developers? Here are certain unique features of Silverlight that might just help us to realize this.
- First and foremost benefit of Silverlight is due to the .NET libraries that are amazingly packed up by Microsoft. Unlike other external libraries in other environments, .NET libraries have JSON parsing is in-built and works fantastically for Silverlight.
- It is a cross browser, cross platform, and cross device plug-in by Microsoft that can enable companies to design, develop and deliver some of the best applications on the web.
- The Visual Studio is the best IDE for working on the Microsoft technologies. In fact, it does better work than Xcode and TextMate do on MacOS.
- In Silverlight development environment, the user can supersede the entire visual tree for any control and thereby save huge time.
- It also has multi programming language support like Visual Basic, C#, Python and Ruby.
- The content and the media are well protected by it.
- It can integrate HTML DOM.
- Silverlight is available for free in all the supported browsers.
- It also has the ability to update itself involuntarily.
Thus, Silverlight has all the qualities that can easily challenge Flash, Flex, and AJAX but it still has room for improvement in it. The developers so far can integrate Silverlight with the existing applications, develop audio visual website with animation and graphics and build several RIA with the help of Silverlight development platform.